Thursday, July 30, 2009

Christmas in July

Christmas in July, I read those words above other blogs before and was sure it would take me months before I could even think about making christmas cards.
Yesterday I went to Croptime to work at their store for once. You can do that and use all the material they've got including the Cricut and Cuttlebug.
I really wanted to try both of them.
I used the cuttlebug to emboss the backgrounds you can see on the darkgreen cardstock and I used a white inkpad to make the sticking out parts white and make it look a little shabby/vintage.

The hohoho is cut with the cricut. Really great machine but so awfully expensive! Still I enjoyed working with it very much!
When I arrived at the shop I had no idea what kind of card I was gonna make so I had a look at all different kind of papers to get inspired.Then I heard myself say: "I am going to make a christmas card". Wow, was I really saying that?

It was this making memorys paper that made me do that. I just love it! It is called St. Nick Vintage Collage and I bought it last year and made great stuff with it and it inspired me again obviously.
You can cut out all this lovely vintage christmas things and make the most beautiful christmas cards. I was glad they still had it in store.
The other thing I wanted to try out was the Glossy Accents.
It has to dry for some time so I bought a bottle and I added it to the card at home last night. I added the Glossy Accents to this hohoho letters.
I am so happy with how it looks. It really ads to your card, makes it look more professional.
What I found was that if you use to little of the stuff, the effect isn't that great as you can see in the third "ho". The two first "ho's" (that sounds so different than it is supposed to sound, LOL) are much more glossy.

Have a great day!

11 comments:

Tam said...

Love this!!!

RosesMarijke said...

Wat een ontzettend leuke kaart...helemaal geweldig!!
Je zou gewoon zin in Kerst krijgen!!

Unknown said...

WHOOWHOO love it.....nog effe wachten hoor.
gr,Lean

RosesMarijke said...

Deze afdrukjes van de CB heb ik gewoon besteld ...een poosje geleden, maar ik weet niet meer waar....als ik er achter kom laat ik het je weten!

Dora said...

Schitterende kaart, die afbeelding is echt heel erg mooi! Super kaart weer!
groetjes Dora

Marjanne said...

Jeeee zeg wat een leuke kaart is dit geworden zeg! Heel origineel!

Riet said...

Wat een schitterend kaartje Lisette,mooi plaatje ,mooie kleuren.

was mij kaartje echt goed,het is voor de eerste keer zo iets,ik twijfel zo over me werk.

Liefs Riet.

Create Fabulous said...

mmmm i love glossy accents, too...and I love Christmas in July :) It gets me excited for the holidays!

Peet said...

ohh, wat prachtig! Super!!

Marjanne said...

Ik heb een patroontje van een schoentje, als je het wilt hebben...

Inger Harding said...

WOW such a beautiful Christmas card
and the papers looks great!!!

Hugs, Inger :)